I have stuff to cross off my list, and today I picked donuts.
I actually made donuts last weekend, and they were delicious, but I didn’t have enough time to take any pictures before I brought them over to my parents’ house, and they got eaten in about 30 seconds.
You can get donut pans on Amazon! I used regular size donut pans for this, but you could try mini donut pans as well. This recipe makes 10 regular sized donuts.
Gluten-Free Baked Sprinkle Donuts
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (I used Silvana’s)
1/2 cup golden cane sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
4 Tbsp margarine
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- 3. In a small pot on low heat, whisk together milk, egg, margarine, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix until it is well blended and feels warm to the touch (do not overheat).
- 4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- 5. Put the batter into donut pans.
- 6. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry and just before the donuts start browning.
- 7. Cool and decorate!
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 Tbsp milk
- 1. Mix icing sugar and milk. Dip donuts in glaze. Cover with sprinkles.
Yeah… these are delicious. Take that, Tim Hortons.