I’m still Christmas-ing at my mom’s house. The Christmas hasn’t stopped since December 23rd! And neither has the eating. It’s like a disease: if there is food in front of me, I will shove it into my face. Unless it contains gluten. Which worked pretty well while I was visiting family in Ottawa and couldn’t eat most of the cookies, but hasn’t worked so well at my mom’s house where there are 6+ tins of gluten-free goodies sitting in front of me at all times. It’s amazing how bad sugar and carbs make me feel, and it’s equally amazing how I keep stuffing them in my cake hole anyway. ‘Tis the season!
I was trying to look back and see if I made any New Year’s resolutions this year, and I didn’t really, but I did achieve my one goal of eating my way to feeling healthy again. Aside from this last week. I’ve never enjoyed food as much in my whole life as I do now that I added meat back into my diet – and I haven’t felt this good in years. I also lost 30lbs this year and am wearing a size 6.
So I suppose my New Year’s resolutions for 2013 are:
- Keep eating delicious awesome foods.
- Improve on planning meals in advance and going to the grocery store, so I don’t let it get to 6pm before I try to figure out what to eat for dinner, find I have no food, and end up eating pizza for dinner.
- Try out more recipes and new things.
- Learn how to use the crock pot.
- Try fish.
- Keep going to yoga and Pilates 5-6 times a week.
- Do some more cardio, like running.
- Do more outdoorsy activities, like hiking.
- Spend more time with family.
- Work hard.
- Get haircuts more often. Just ’cause.